First thing first. I recently released my new book Effective Unit Testing in December. If you already bought it, you’ll get a huge update (almost double the number of pages) this week on the following topics:
- Updated the chapter on generating test files
- Added a new chapter on building and running your unit tests
- Described how to edit the scheme to make your unit tests run faster
- Added a login form example to describe the relationship IBActions and IBOutlets have to the view controller
- Added a new chapter on test driven development
- Added a new chapter on TDD-ing the
Naturally, some of you have asked if there is a bundle pricing available if you want to get Effective Unit Testing and the Clean Swift Handbook together. I’ve certainly thought about offering a special deal to customers who want to buy more stuff from me. (Read on for a special bundle price.) At the same time, I always stick to my principle of giving the best deal to my early and existing customers. And I’m not going to violate that principle. As you can imagine, that creates a sticky situation.
I can segment my customers into the following six groups:
- People who bought both books during the one-week early bird launch period at 50% discount. $39 + $39 = $78
- People who bought one book during early bird at 50% and the other book at regular price. $39 + $79 = $118
- People who bought just one book during early bird. $39
- People who bought just one book at regular price. $79
- People who bought both books at regular price. $79 + $79 = $158
- People who haven’t bought but are interested in getting both books at bundle price
If I offer bundle pricing for buying both books, it obviously has to be lower than $158 for it to make sense. But it also can’t be lower than $118 because that would violate my principle. People may have missed the early bird launch for one of the books but still end up buying both books, regardless of pricing. These customers who already bought both books are loyal customers, and I need to treat them well.
So I decide the bundle price is going to be somewhere between $118 and $158.
If I set it to, say, $148, it’s just $5 off each book. It isn’t much of a savings at all. I want to offer a good deal to you, not a cheesy one. What about $138, it’s better but still only a 13% off if you do the math ($20 / $158).
So the bundle price for buying both books is going to be at $128. It is $30 off, or roughly 20% off. I believe this represents a meaningful amount of savings for people who want to buy both books. It also allows me to stay true to my loyal customers and take good care of them.
If you’re a new subscriber, or have held off until now, you can get both books at the special bundle price of just $128. And yes, it also includes the one-month bonus of the Clean Swift Mentorship Program in our private Slack team and Wistia video archives.
1. If you bought both books at early bird price
You already got the best deal by buying both books early. You don’t need to do anything.
2. If you already bought one book at early bird price and the other book at regular price
You got the second best deal by buying early. You don’t need to do anything.
3. If you bought one book at early bird price and are thinking about getting the other book
You got the second best deal by buying early. So you can just buy the other book at regular price. That is a better deal than the bundle price.
4. If you bought one book at regular price and are thinking about getting the other book
Hit reply and let me know which book you already bought and the email you used for the purchase. I’ll send you a $30 coupon code to get the other book. This is essentially the bundle price.
5. If you bought both books at regular price
Hit reply and let me know the email you used for the purchases. I’ll do something special for you.
6. If you haven’t bought but want to get both books
You can take advantage of this special bundle pricing for getting both books together.